U.S. bans travel to North Korea from 1st of September

The United States Department has said Wednesday that the travel ban on U.S. passport holders to North Korea will take effect on Sept. 1 and that Americans in the country should also leave before that date, Reuters reports.

The ban comes amid heightening tensions between the United States and North Korea, which has claimed it has an Intercontinental ballistic missile that is capable of hitting the United States. North Korea will become the only country to which Americans are banned from traveling.

[RELATED] United States to ban citizens from traveling to North Korea

Following the tragic circumstances surrounding the death of American student Otto Warmbier, who was sentenced last year to 15 years’ hard labor in North Korea, returned to the United States in a coma on June 13 after being released and died June 19.  Last month, the U.S. government said it would bar Americans from traveling to North Korea due to the risk of “long-term detention” there.

The North has denied accusation that it had anything or any knowledge of what caused Warmbier to fall into coma and losing his major senses, calling it a “mystery”.

The restriction takes effect in 30 days, and applies for a year unless extended or revoked by the secretary of state.

[SEE ALSO] North Korea threatens to unleash ballistic missile on U.S.

Leave a reply

Your email address will not be published.

cool good eh love2 cute confused notgood numb disgusting fail