Veteran banker, Ibukun Awosika, was on Monday, appointed the first female Chairman, First Bank of Nigeria Ltd.
Apparently, she is the first female to bag the prestigious position, a feat which is not easily achievable.
Let’s take a look at 7 things we should know about her;
- Ibukun Awosika is the founder of The Chair Centre Ltd, a market leader in the office furniture and banking security systems industries.
- She is the host of a popular TV programme, Business – His Way, where she shares ethical business values and principles, distilled from the word of God, with the business community in Nigeria.
- She is an ordained pastor at The Fountain of Life Church. She is also the Founder of Christian Missionary Fund, a non-governmental body dedicated to raising support for Christian missionaries across the country.
- She is a member of the Governing Body for The Convention on Business Integrity and the immediate past Chairperson of the Board of Trustees of Women in Management and Business (WIMBIZ) a position she held for two terms.
- Awosika holds a B.sc in Chemistry from University of Ife (now Obafemi Awolowo University), an MBA from IESE Business School, Barcelona, Spain and is an alumnae of the Lagos Business School Chief Executive Programme.
- She is a fellow of the Aspen Global Leadership Network.
- Awosika is the Promoter and Investor of Furniture Manufacturers Mart that provides furniture processing service for various categories of furniture manufacturers and also a nominee and multiple award-winning entrepreneur.