by Ano Patel
There are two kinds of people – those who drink tea and those who drink coffee. While both the beverages come with their individual health benefits, the argument never resolves as to which beverage is better.
But here are some health benefits and reasons why you should have a cup of coffee everyday –
1. Antioxidants: Coffee contains many antioxidants which purify the body and make one feel fresh.
2. Good for the liver: Coffee is very good for the liver, especially for people who drink alcohol.
3. Stress-buster: People who drink coffee daily say that even the smell of coffee can relieve them from stress and tension.
4. Reduces the risk of cancer: Coffee helps reduce the risk of cancer – be it skin or prostrate. Of course there are no proven guarantees, but no harm in having a cup everyday no!
5. Diabetes and Parkinson’s disease: Coffee is also known to reduce the risks of diabetes and that of Parkinson’s disease in a human being.
So sip on to your cappuccino or mocha everyday and keep these health risks at bay.
Read more in Times of India
Op-ed pieces and contributions are the opinions of the writers only and do not represent the opinions of Y!/YNaija.