by ‘Jola Sotubo
The government of Lagos State has disclosed plans to temporarily seal off the expressway of the Lagos-Badagry route this weekend.
The development was revealed in a statement by the state Commissioner for Transportation, Kayode Opeifa, earlier in the week.
Mr. Opeifa further said that the road would be closed for five hours as part of plans to commence phase one of the Blue Line Rail Project.
Nigerian Eye reports:
Mr. Opeifa advised motorists and other road users to make use of alternative routes to avoid traffic delays.
He said, “The contractor, China Civil Engineering Construction Corporation, will be installing pre-cast beams for the pedestrian bridge to take commuters into the rail station at Mile 2 and across the road.
“The Badagry-bound carriageway on the Lagos Badagry Expressway will be closed to traffic between 7am and 12 noon on Sunday, October 20, 2013 to enable the contractor to install the beams.
“We appeal for caution and cooperation from all road users to obey all traffic regulations and ensure traffic flow during the period of closure. We are working with relevant Lagos State agencies to ensure free flow of traffic.”