by Akan Ido
Five members of a single family have lost their lives after inhaling power generator fumes at the Ipoyewa community, Ikorodu, Lagos.
The bodies of a man, his wife and three children were found on Friday with neighbours suspecting they had suffocated due after inhaling the toxic fumes.
According to neighbours, the unidentified man bought the generator just two days before the unfortunate incident. He reportedly kept the generator running inside his two-room apartment to prevent it from being stolen by robbers.
Neighbour became apprehensive when the family members failed to come out on Friday morning. They were, however, greeted by an horrific site of dead bodies after breaking the door to gain access into the apartment.
See photos below:
Residents of the area have blamed the government for the misfortune which befell the family saying it was caused by the lack of electricity. They claim that every house in the community have, for the past three years, relied solely on alternative means for power supply.