by Oge Okonkwo
If you like fashion, but don’t want to spend a lot of money, there are a few tips you need to keep in mind:
1. Decide what you need in your wardrobe. The first step is to keep your clothing organized. When you don’t, you can’t remember what you own and you will end up buying similar pieces that you already have.
2. Sell the clothing you don’t want. If you are one of those people who can’t stop buying clothes that you don’t wear, it is a good idea to check websites where you can put classified ads in Nigeria and sell them. At least that way, you will get money to spend in your next shopping spree and free space in your wardrobe.
3. Buy basics. Be careful with new trends. You may love floral print now, but when you get tired of it you don’t want to have half of your wardrobe with that print. A pair of jeans, a black dress or a black handbag, are some items that you will always wear. Invest in these pieces; good quality will make you save in a long term.
4. Take advantage of the vintage trend. During the past years, the trend of wearing vintage clothing is getting bigger and bigger. If you check fashion blogs, or the outfits of most it girls, they combine high fashion pieces with old, vintage pieces. Take advantage of this; buy clothes in thrift stores or online shops.
5. Think about your lifestyle. Depending on your hobbies, what you do, and your age, you wardrobe should look different. Stop buying clothing that you won’t use in any of your normal situations.
6. Don’t buy something just because it is on sale or it’s cheap. Think before you buy, visualize your wardrobe and make at least three outfits you can wear with the item you are thinking to buy. If you can’t think about anything, you will end up not using it.
– To place an advertorial, email [email protected]