These are the top five stories to monitor today
1. Panel recommends prosecution of soldiers involved in Shi’ite – Army clash
The panel setup to investigate the violent clash between the Nigerian army and Shi’ite Muslims has recommended that soldiers involved in the face-off should be prosecuted.
2. Dislodged Arepo militants fleeing to riverine areas in Ondo state
The Nigerian army has disclosed that militant dislodged from Arepo are fleeing to Ondo state.
3. Customs seize poultry preserved with chemicals used on dead bodies
The Nigerian customs have impounded cartons of frozen poultry that were preserved with deadly chemicals.
4. FG begins payment of debt to retired civil servants
Head of Service of the Federation, Winifred Oyo-Ita, has revealed that the federal government owes retired civil servants N293 billion.
5. How banker paid billions into Obanikoro’s son account
A bank official has revealed how he transferred money into the account of one of the sons of the former minister of state for defence, Musiliu Obanikoro.