That the Indigenous People of Biafra, (IPOB) would claim to be genuinely happy with President Muhammadu Buhari is just as unlikely as snow falling in Lagos, not with the continued detention of their leader, Nnamdi Kanu.
However, in a sarcastic twist, the group has declared that it is happy with President Buhari’s style of governance and these are the 6 reasons why.
According to Emma Mmezu and Clifford Iroanya, IPOB spokesmen:
- President Buhari has significantly catalyzed and fast-forwarded the restoration of the nation of Biafra with the genocidal killings of Biafrans from August 2015 to February 2016, and to the utter disregard of court orders.
- Without the efforts of Buhari, the crescendo reached today on the return of the nation of Biafra would not have been possible.
- Former President Goodluck Jonathan, had by ignoring IPOB made it irrelevant but President Buhari “has steadily and consistently worked in the favour of the re-emergence of Biafra” by persecuting pro-Biafra activists.”
- The “misinformation he received from his incompetent Department of State Services (DSS) that deceived him into believing that incarcerating the leader of IPOB, Mazi Nnamdi Kanu, would work in his favour”.
- “From his terrible public utterances to his divisive and sectional government policies, through his placement of only Hausa-Fulani people in his ‘kitchen cabinet’, to killing of Biafrans and Shiite Muslims, Buhari has worked tirelessly for the balkanization of Nigeria.”
- “There is also his belief in using weapons and brute force to solve simple political problems. The Indigenous People of Biafra are happy for this leadership style of Buhari.”